How to understand the graph

ALPHABRAIN8675

Re: How to understand the graph

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

Cool, thanks. However I was coming from some replies where I saw you comment that facial muscles movement ;eye movement or talking did affect the brain wave that the muse picks up. On that note was my qn to understand if external audio waves (not headphones but external sound from speakers) affect the brain waves as a technical thing not neuroscience though
SirPotato

Post by SirPotato »

Hi! I just did a test session while watching a TV show, because I was curious, and got this:

Is it normal to have higher Alpha and Delta PSD than Beta?

Thank you!
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm not sure sorry. All my personal research is in relaxation. I'm not sure what watching TV should look like.
SirPotato

Post by SirPotato »

Thanks anyway! :)
tomassvitorka

Post by tomassvitorka »

Hi James,
First of all, thanks for this app.
I've just spent a few hours reading throughout this forum.
I'd appreciate a quick reply just to make sure I understand the graphs.
1) Brain waves absolute - the chart lines show the "strength" of each brain wave type.. the higher the stronger/more of - in the measured areas?
2) Spectrogram, brain waves graph - is there a way to change what duration is shown on the screen? Right now, I'd say it shows about 30s. It would be great if there was a way to adjust the speed (or zoom I suppose).
3) I'm using my iphone/ipad - when I choose for the files to be zipped first, the files seem to be corrupted and there is no way to unzip them. I have to export them as csv files.
4) Is there a detailed explanation to all the setting options? (apart from the one on your www).
Thanka a lot.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

1- Higher means more power in the range of the wave. E.g. for Alpha, higher would mean more power detected between 7.5 and 13Hz.
2- No, sorry.
3- Email me, I'm not sure what's going on here, but I've never heard of Zip files being corrupted. You should be able to open them on any Mac/PC.
4- I've tried to make the name of the settings as self explanatory as possible. If there's a setting that you don't know what it does, then you probably don't need to use it ;-) There are a few things in there like for example the "OSC Path prefix" streaming settings that most people will never use, but for the Neuroscientist professors who are using it for University studies, they already know what all these things are. If there's something specific you want to know about, let me know and I'll answer here/email.
Alphaman001

Post by Alphaman001 »

Hi James! I am a hypnotherapist and I wanted to know if my clients are going deep in hypnosis or just acting out or got out of trance. I don’t know anything about brain waves and tried to study but I get overwhelmed with it

So my question is what do I have to look for in the brain waves if they are in trance (which is like deep meditation) or got out of trance (like their mind is thinking when they are in meditation)
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm not sure sorry. My personal research is solely on relaxation.
Miheer

Post by Miheer »

I started using Muse and Mind Monitor for the first time. I meditate on and off... I can sit for about 30 mins at a stretch. I am aiming to push for an hour. Always wanted to get an insight into what really happens. These visualizations ability is so existing !! First time I am getting to see my graphs :) Such a delight !! I think the blip at the start is when I closed my eyes and started to meditate.

The monitor stopped measuring after 23 mins...I meditated for 30. When I opened my eyes, it was showing waiting for connection. I wonder why that happened ?
Attachments
Meditation1.png
Meditation1.png (87.06 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Meditation2.png
Meditation2.png (93.29 KiB) Viewed 1070 times