How to understand the graph

Yasmine

Re: How to understand the graph

Post by Yasmine »

Hello,

Which settings i need to put to check my average brain waves, because i want to test them in a session.

another question, i am not able to insert image here.
Thanks,
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Averages for the sessions are shown in the dials under the main chart. You do not need to check any boxes to turn these on, they will show as soon as you load a file.
To upload images to the site, switch to the full editor by pressing the "Full Editor & Preview" button below the input box.
Yasmine

Post by Yasmine »

Thank you so much for your reply,

but i am till confused , if you see from attached I was making a test of around 6 min but the name average wasn't there. if want to anylyze this grapgh in which state i am?
Attachments
download.png
download.png (213.49 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

You can see the dials in the bottom of this screenshot
dials.png
dials.png (193.69 KiB) Viewed 5907 times
Looking at your screenshot, you have a LOT of delta going up and down. This is indicative of bad signal quality, so I would check your signal quality on the RAW EEG view. You should only have ~50uV of up/down movement on the RAW EEG for good signal quality. Ideally much less.
Ignoring the Delta, your highest consistent wave is Alpha.
Yasmine

Post by Yasmine »

Thank you so much, I will check it up.

Really appreciate the help. Stay Safe
josehernandez

Post by josehernandez »

Hi, I'm really new to this but very interested!!! I would like to know where to study a little bit more about the graphics.. How can I tell my brain waves are Synchronized? I can see in my meditation that Alpha went up, but how can I "see" if they are getting synchronized or coherent? Is there some place where I can see other Graphs in this forum? Or maybe it's easier to use other graphics like Spectrogram?

Thanks for any help I can get!!!
Attachments
JM Absol Med Dispenza.png
JM Absol Med Dispenza.png (57.66 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Bear in mind that I'm a programmer, not a neuroscientist, so I can't really tell you how to interpret your data. I can only tell you what my personal research has shown. I don't think there's any scientific basis for "coherence" i.e. matching left/right waves, but if you want to look at that, that is what the graph in the bottom left shows where you can see "Session Average Absolute, Left vs Right". I'm not sure what you mean by "synchronised", sorry.

My personal research has shown that relaxation results in High Relative Alpha, meaning High Alpha and/or lower other waves. You can switch to Relative mode by selecting "Relative Brainwaves" at the top, then the Higher Alpha is, should correlate to higher relaxation, relative to your own personal baseline.

You can read more about their theory in the research paper "My Virtual Dream: Collective Neurofeedback in an Immersive Art Environment" by Natasha Kovacevic, Petra Ritter, William Tays, Sylvain Moreno, Anthony Randal McIntosh: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0130129
Yasmine

Post by Yasmine »

Hello again,

i checked what you told me and this is what i am getting,

checked the signal and also it was good, so what shall be done in this case? :? I am so confused

Thanks,
Yasmine
Attachments
thumbnail_mindMonitor.jpg
thumbnail_mindMonitor.jpg (63.63 KiB) Viewed 5902 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

That's a good live raw signal, but what is the raw from the recording you shared? Just click the "* RAW" button on the online chart, or instead share the CSV file.
Yasmine

Post by Yasmine »

Hello,

Attached is the raw data,

Thanks,
Yasmine
Attachments
mindMonitor_2020-04-12--15-42-50.zip
(95.46 KiB) Downloaded 188 times