How to understand the graph

James
Site Admin

Re: How to understand the graph

Post by James »

The Y axis is the Power Spectral Density. It's the amount of brainwaves in the frequency range, during the sampling window. So higher means more thinking :-)

These don't really have any official units as the values are only relative to one another, but I use dB as they are derived from a logarithmic function.
meditador

Post by meditador »

Right, I understand! Thanks!
Bobmi

Post by Bobmi »

Hello,
Brainwaves may be related to a distinct psychical state.
Meditation may alter the status and brainwaves.

Brain entrainment will change brainwaves by auditing special
Frequencies , for example 40 Hz for "Gamma boosting'. Ist this really documentated ? :?:
I am asking about brain entrainment, because i never got this effect :
Gamma allways is about 30-50 Hz, then Beta/Delta about 50 to 80, and Delta in the top with 80 - 120.
No Changes by hearing spec frequencies . .

Thanks you for a short comment in advance.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

You are confusing frequency and power. Brainwaves are measured in power (Bels).
Which brainwave is which, is measured by the frequency range (Herts).
Bobmi

Post by Bobmi »

Sorry, of course, it was a mistake, i ment db not Hz . .
But my main question is about a real effect of frequencies heared, to change brainwave activity ?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I don't understand your question, sorry. Can you re-phrase?
Bobmi

Post by Bobmi »

My question is, if listening to music/frequencies (isochron, Binaural . .) This will influence the brainwave activity.
For example, 40 hz isochron beats should increase gamma brainwaves, lower frequencies increase beta, alpha or theta.
But i did not notice this effect, checking with mind -monitor.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Literally everything you do will change your brain activity, but as to how specific music affects you, I can't comment as I have not researched this.
Bobmi

Post by Bobmi »

Hello James,

I found a good description (english language ;) about brainwaves "stimulation", subject of my question:

< "Generally speaking, brainwave entrainment is a process where the brain synchronizes to and resonates with an external stimulus.
In a properly engineered brainwave entrainment recording, various “sculpted” tones and embedded sound frequencies are used to get the brain to go into altered (but natural) states of consciousness.
When the brain is stimulated with pulsed sounds (neuroelectrical activity via the nerves originating from the ears), the overall activity of the brain will respond to and align with these pulses. By selecting the desired rate, the brain—via the frequency following response (entrainment)—can be naturally induced towards the selected brainwave state.

It is also because of the frequency following response or entrainment that these pulsed sounds often produce benefits similarly found in deep meditation." <

I did not found such "entrainment effect" in my personal mind-monitor data . :(
JaseBond

Post by JaseBond »

carbophoze wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:29 am I recorded the hour-long data and want to interpret the result correctly. Help me please.
How do I know in what state my brain was?
What is the theoretically ideal graph for the alpha state?
Thank you.
csv format
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ZRC ... mNNaUgtdm8
May I ask which meditation you did? You had pretty high theta waves, which is good. Thanks.