ALPHABRAIN8675

Re: How to understand the graph

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

Graph#1.PNG
Graph#1.PNG (77.44 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
James,
A second one from me
- This one has an alpha on the Y axis in the range of -1 to +1 PSD

What does this mean? My understanding the higher the alpha ( 80- 90 psd) the better the state of mind and calmer
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

Graph#4- MY GRAPH.PNG
Graph#4- MY GRAPH.PNG (101.55 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
James,
Final one for the day!
I got started a yesterday and this is my first MM graph for you.
My observations are;
- I am in the alpha state as the alpha brainwave is on the top; not as it is expected but I am in alpha. Is that understanding correct?
- I see peaks at 0934 and 0940 AM; which interestingly are void of both alpha and theta and however can see DELTA (deep sleep) ? I am practicing the Jose Silva method which calls for visualization of the pain and sorrow ; Could this peak be because of those emotions?
- What does jaw clench actually mean ? is a failure in best fit curve?
- Any other of your comments on my MMG would appreciate it

Lastly, with the app and now this forum I am happy to progress with good speed and understanding of this very interesting topic which is the basis of our life;day in- day out

Thanks for everything!
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I think the upper limit of what the device can measure would be around 400-500% on this graphs scale, but in theory there's no upper limit and most readings will stay in the 0-100 range. The device measures electricity. The electricity produced by your brain is very small, but there's no upper limit to electricity.

I'm not a neuroscientist, so I can't really help you analyse your results, other than just repeating other research that I've read ;-) I.e. High Relative Alpha correlates with relaxation: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0130129

Graph#4 is likely invalid due to bad data. You have BF/GF/J in quite a few places, If you hover over these, you will see that they mean "Bad Fit, Good Fit, Jaw Clench". If you're clenching your jaw, this will produce a lot of EMG interference which will override the EEG signal and invalidate the results.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

richenergy718 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:29 am Looking at the horseshoe image located on the bottom left corner, I must ask what's the difference between the empty circles and the ones that are filled in?

Thanks
https://mind-monitor.com/Technical_Manu ... _horseshoe - Solid ovals are good connections. Outlines are poor connection and an empty space means no connection.
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

James wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:53 am I think the upper limit of what the device can measure would be around 400-500% on this graphs scale, but in theory there's no upper limit and most readings will stay in the 0-100 range. The device measures electricity. The electricity produced by your brain is very small, but there's no upper limit to electricity.

I'm not a neuroscientist, so I can't really help you analyse your results, other than just repeating other research that I've read ;-) I.e. High Relative Alpha correlates with relaxation: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0130129

Graph#4 is likely invalid due to bad data. You have BF/GF/J in quite a few places, If you hover over these, you will see that they mean "Bad Fit, Good Fit, Jaw Clench". If you're clenching your jaw, this will produce a lot of EMG interference which will override the EEG signal and invalidate the results.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Thanks for the quick reply and link to EEG cases (good read)bud, appreciate it!
Absolutely makes sense w the Jaw clench and happy to know it is the literal meaning and feels right as while meditating one has to recollect pain and sorrow as visualization and hence the jaw clench at times....good point and a lesson learnt for the next meditation.
While you are a coder and not neuroscientist; which is cool:) but you get to see so many MMG that you can be an expert at suggesting whats GOOD and NOT-SO- GOOD;like you have been doing and helps immensely as a guiding light for newbies on this journey
P.S. It is more than what I should be asking but it will nice to have a gdrive or dropbox link for all GREAT MMG graphs.I am creating one for myself too and will help others point at the link rather than answering all similar qn I see you get too

Cheers !
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

ALPHABRAIN8675 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:35 am Graph#1.PNG
James,
A second one from me
- This one has an alpha on the Y axis in the range of -1 to +1 PSD

What does this mean? My understanding the higher the alpha ( 80- 90 psd) the better the state of mind and calmer
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A quick comment on the range for alpha on the Y-axis for -1 to +1 is that correct and if Yes is low alpha values a common thing u have seen , if you have seen any?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

ALPHABRAIN8675 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:52 pm A quick comment on the range for alpha on the Y-axis for -1 to +1 is that correct and if Yes is low alpha values a common thing u have seen , if you have seen any?
Correct, The data is in commonly in the range -1:+1.
Sure, I've seen low alpha.
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

James wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:02 pm
ALPHABRAIN8675 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:52 pm A quick comment on the range for alpha on the Y-axis for -1 to +1 is that correct and if Yes is low alpha values a common thing u have seen , if you have seen any?
Correct, The data is in commonly in the range -1:+1.
Sure, I've seen low alpha.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Interesting and so you say both the readings/ extremities for alpha seen ; 0 - 90 PSD on Y axis (more common) as well as a low of -1 to +1 PSD. If higher is better; what is -1 to +1 PSD is essentially telling us about the calmness of the mind ?(understanding you are a programmer and not a neuroscientist :))
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm a programmer not a neuroscientist, so I'm not sure how to interpret that, sorry!
ALPHABRAIN8675

Post by ALPHABRAIN8675 »

James wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:16 pm I'm a programmer not a neuroscientist, so I'm not sure how to interpret that, sorry!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Sure, thanks!