Interpreting the graph

lettiemdm

Interpreting the graph

Post by lettiemdm »

Hi everybody!!

On the app, I see that the brainwaves are recorded in dB, so I supposed that when graphing it online through musemunitor website, the y-axis is also in dB? When I was researching to buy this eeg, I was under the impression I could see the data in Hz, is it possible?
If not, how can I use dB to interpret my data? If I am looking for an increase in alpha waves during the section, does a higher dB correlates to that?

Also, how can I interpret the "Session avarage Left vs Right"?

Thanks in advance!
James
Site Admin

Re: Interpreting the graph

Post by James »

The Y axis is power spectral density (PSD) in Bels. You can see this for each individual frequency (Hz) on the discrete frequency graph :-)
To switch graph types tap the graph icon (Image), which is third from the left.

The higher the PSD, the more brainwaves you have in that frequency range.
By default the graphs shows the average value for all four sensors. To see individual sensors, or left/right, front/back pairs, you can enable this in settings. Also the recorded data saves each sensor separately, so if you want to do you own analysis in Excel, all the data is available to you. The Excel sample macro on the website includes a setting to graph left vs right.
AlexCPL

Post by AlexCPL »

Hi! My name is Alex and i wrote from Chile, because i need to analizing de recording data, but the code of macros in the site have it a problem. When i run the macros, appears text with number "1004" and range problem
James
Site Admin

Post by James »