Offline Usability

JDM

Offline Usability

Post by JDM »

Hallo Community,
I have the Muse S and on the original Muse App the session Data cannot be accessed if you are offline.
Before I get the Muse Monitor app I need to know, whether this is possible as I will be offline for longer periods at a time.
Thank you for your help...
JD
James
Site Admin

Re: Offline Usability

Post by James »

Mind Monitor does not currently have playback.
When you record Mind Monitor makes a CSV file with all the data in.
Things are a little different on Android vs iPhone.

On Android when you press the stop button to end recording, the app will then prompt you to send the file to any App that you have installed on your phone that can receive files. So usually this would be cloud storage apps like Dropbox, Google Drive etc.. but if you want to work offline, you can install a File Manager app and then use this to save the file into a folder on your phone. You can then get the file off later by connecting to your Mac/PC with a usb cable, etc.

On iPhone, the app has built in support for Dropbox, or you can change it in settings to send the file to your email, so you can email it to yourself. If you're offline, then this email would just wait in your outbox I think.

I do plan on updating the app to have a bit of a file manager it in so you can store multiple sessions and export them as you like, but I can't give you an ETA on that.
JDM

Post by JDM »

Thank you very much for that prompt reply.
JDM

Post by JDM »

Hello James and Community,
so I got the App and tried to use it offline. It seems to work and I can share the data via Bluetooth to my second device and then open the file in a google sheet.
I just need to figure out how to make all these numbers visible in graphs. Do you have any prepared sheet that you can share or what would be the best way to visualize it? I have not much skill in google sheets (yet).
Thank you for any helpful advice...
JD:o)
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

melbez

Post by melbez »

I have an iPhone. If I'm measuring data continuously (as opposed to 1 second intervals), the data files end up being quite large. If they are larger than what is allowed to be attached to email, do you think it would still sit in the outbox? If I want to gather data offline, is there a file manager option for iPhone that you think would work?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

With iPhone you have to use Dropbox or email only, sorry. I don't think it would work to leave it in the outbox, but you should try as a test. I plan to add iCloud support at some point, but even then I don't think it will help with offline support. If you need to be offline when recording, your best bet would be to buy a cheap Android device.
melbez

Post by melbez »

Thank you! If most of the data I've gathered so far has been using the iPhone, do you think it'll matter if I switch to Android? I'm imagining it won't make a difference since the Muse would be the same.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The data is exactly the same in both apps
Liasso

Post by Liasso »

I've used it myself and found it pretty reliable for accessing session data even without an internet connection.