Grasping Infinity - Personal Research

Grasping Infinity

Grasping Infinity - Personal Research

Post by Grasping Infinity »

Hi all,
I'm going to posting here about my experience doing neurofeedback on myself. I'll most likely make separate thread for different frequency bands. Recently I"ve been curious about delta waves. And Delta waves are known for better sleep, which i need :)
so here I'll be sharing my experience using the mind monitor and my apps that use it's OSC data (https://graspinginfinity.gumroad.com)
Last edited by Grasping Infinity on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grasping Infinity

Re: Grasping Infinity - Personal Research - Delta waves

Sunday, December 24, 2023 8:50:47 PM
just got done with delta session. i used quadrant feedback and had 4 instances for the 4 quadrants. a sound loaded for the rear left that same sound loaded again for rear right (panned accordingly) and a sound for the front left and that same sound for the front right (panned accordingly). I'm not really trying to focus on any quadrant or boost anything, i'm just observing my mental state when i hear these feedback sounds ... and then journalling them.
first things i noticed is that there is Significate reduction in the frontal delta when my eyes are closed, and the back delta moves up and becomes steady. when eyes are open, frontal delta is crazy and random.
as time progressed i found myself wanting to do some self guided imagery meditation. I found that during the peak experiences of my inner world, the frontal delta starts come back in. it felt very centering.
Grasping Infinity

Monday, December 25, 2023 9:02:35 PM
same configuration as last time. this time i was on my bed with wireless earbuds and using a wireless keyboard to adjust volume if needed, sitting upright of course. did a bit of yoga meditation (alternate nostril breathing, chakra, etc). Not to much to report. just a few peaks of frontal delta along with rear delta. some surprisingly vivid imagery but only for fragments of a second. last night my sleep was a bit better. I'd say 50% less dreams. I'm am a heavy dreamer and usually dream all night so to have less dreams is nice. Also, this might be a one time thing, but today i was craving much less food. just had a few snacks. i heard that poor sleep leads to frequent snacking so I might be on to something.
I think i'm going to stick with delta feedback in the evening and alpha feedback in the morning.
Grasping Infinity

did a bunch of alpha training yesterday. probably a cumulative 2 hours. in the evening i kinda got an alpha high. then did some delta training. delta seems more challenging. I'm found out that frontal delta is ideal for advanced meditation so I'm just going to focus on frontal delta or theta and rear alpha and possibly gamma.
also found out that frontal delta waves can be interrupted by eye twitches.
Grasping Infinity

Re: Grasping Infinity - Personal Research

here's a scroll graph using the brainwaves display tool i made to see my rear left and right alpha.
Attachments
15 minutes of rear alpha (back left and right).png
15 minutes of rear alpha (back left and right).png (10.66 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
Grasping Infinity

did about 15 ish minutes of gamma feedback for rear left and rear right (quadrant feedback). at the end of it i was feeling very tired. I don't know if it was the time of day, but i was in need of a deep sleep nap. I could feel my back of my head kind of buzzing like i just did a big meditation. but i needed those lower delta waves to recover. I've heard similar stories with interviews from iAwake where gamma uses so much energy. I think gamma is important because gamma comes from the same place as alpha waves (thalamus) so alpha and gamma seem to be related. also people in commas have no gamma and people with alzheimers have very low gamma. but I did see an increase in gamma waves when i looked at the mind monitor app at the end of the session. maybe i'll try another gamma session next week and see if there are different results :)
Grasping Infinity

Gamma Brain Waves and What They Do For Our Brains feat. Judith Pennington
https://youtu.be/5lgFFZm7Kyo
Grasping Infinity

frontal delta feedback training with quadrant feedback:
Attachments
Sunday, January 7, 2024 6-38-48 PM.png
Sunday, January 7, 2024 6-38-48 PM.png (116.81 KiB) Viewed 3730 times