brain waves dipped below zero

ccamm035

brain waves dipped below zero

Post by ccamm035 »

During a meditation this morning, my absolute brain waves dipped below zero. This happened after experiencing shaking during the meditation. What does this mean?
Attachments
mind .jpg
mind .jpg (85.51 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
James
Site Admin

Re: brain waves dipped below zero

Post by James »

If you hover over the data point markers you'll see: J - Jaw Clench, BF - Bad Fit, GF-Good Fit.
I'd say that the Muse electrodes were no longer connected properly after you were shaking.
ccamm035

Post by ccamm035 »

I see what you mean, but the sensation was really throughout my body, not my head.
So this isn’t something you would expect to see after an intense meditation? Thanks for your input!
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Look at the RAW EEG, if you see big spikes there, then the electrodes lost connection.
ccamm035

Post by ccamm035 »

Here is the raw data for the event. Not sure what this is telling me... although there seems to be a change in the pattern, it doesn't seem like there were "big spikes" when the event occurred...

Where might I go to find out more about reading these? (I'm a total newbie).

Again, thank you for helping me to understand this.
Attachments
Mind Monitor raw jpeg.jpg
Mind Monitor raw jpeg.jpg (84.73 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Anything more than ~50uV from the mean is a bad, so here you can see a lot of that.
Uncheck any sensor that is outside of this and then look at your graph again.
AF7 and AF8 are bad throughout the session and the grounding connecter is between them, so I'm sorry, but I think this whole recording is not accurate.
You have some ear sensor data that appears to be within bounds, but without a good ground, it will also be compromised.
ccamm035

Post by ccamm035 »

Ok, thanks so much for your explanation - I really appreciate it! I will "hang out" here in this forum to try to learn more ;)