Heat map mostly red

Junerees

Heat map mostly red

Post by Junerees »

I’m new to muse and learning how to use it currently. I’m wondering why my heat map doesn’t vary. It’s always red across the board with a little yellow. I know for most people it’s generally more green with some red in the lower frequencies. Any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_4855.jpeg
IMG_4855.jpeg (72.63 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
James
Site Admin

Re: Heat map mostly red

Post by James »

Use two fingers to set the range. When you touch the screen you will see the live data line. Move your fingers above and below this, then release.
Junerees

Post by Junerees »

Hi, yes I did that. Whether I set a small or large range it remains mostly red.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The colour range will depend on where you release your fingers. If you want less red, then release your fingers higher. In the screenshot above, you have both finger rings below the range of the line, which means the graph will only be red. Similarly, if you had both above the range, the graph would be solid blue. With fingers either side of the line, just above the max and just below the min, you will get the full colour spectrum.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I would also note that if the entire graph is very high, then you likely have poor sensor connection generating a lot of static noise, pushing the line higher than it should be. Before looking at the spectrogram, switch to the RAW EEG view and ensure that you have thin crisp lines, with spikes only when you blink. On other screens, you can look at the horseshoe. Here all symbols should be filled indicating a good connection. In the above screenshot you only have a poor connection AF8 and very bad on AF7 (the ears are not shown).