Meaning of lights on Muse S

Sturu

Meaning of lights on Muse S

Post by Sturu »

Hi James,

I recorded some brain activity last night and noticed the lights on the Muse S were on all the time, which they aren't with the Muse App. On a couple of occasions, they started flashing. I'm not sure if it was the Muse or Mind Monitor that decided to flash the lights or what that meant. Can you clarify?

Stuart
James
Site Admin

Re: Meaning of lights on Muse S

Post by James »

Mind Monitor turns the LED off when recording or streaming. If it's flashing, then maybe it's a low battery thing?
If your Muse disconnects and reconnects that might also re-enable the led indicator, as Mind Monitor only turns it on and off specifically when you start and stop recording/streaming. I've made a note to check the LED on reconnection for the next version.
Sturu

Post by Sturu »

I tracked my usual nightly lying awake last night, on my iPad, and got this graph. I stopped using my Huawei phone as it was completely losing the connection with the Muse after a couple of hours.

Looks like there were 3 disconnects. I did notice the lights flashing three times during that period. When it disconnects is that a loss of Bluetooth? I want to be sure I don't have a defective Muse device. I guess the spike in the middle at all frequencies is due to bad fit?

lying-awake-aug25.PNG
lying-awake-aug25.PNG (78.01 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm not sure why this disconnect occured. I have seen it with quite a few shared graphs, where the Muse disconnects and then rapidly re-connects. I'm not sure what causes it, if it's the phone or the device itself.