Live streaming of Muse data on desktop - Windows OS

asarioglou

Live streaming of Muse data on desktop - Windows OS

Post by asarioglou »

Hi!

I am a new user of Muse and I have read a lot of things around the internet but I do not know which are still true/up to date. I am using Windows OS by the way.

I read that on one hand the Muse SDK cannot be used anymore. Are the tools Muse Direct, MuseLab and MusePlayer still usable or should I not even try to use cause they are not supported anymore?

Could you help me with an updated summary of options/tools that I can use to get live plotting of data on my desktop?

Thanks for your time!
James
Site Admin

Re: Live streaming of Muse data on desktop - Windows OS

Post by James »

Check out the OSC entry in the FAQ section of the main website for the OSC stream data spec as well as code samples which you can run to receive the live data.
The old muse tools are no longer available.
asarioglou

Post by asarioglou »

Thanks a lot!

Another quick question: The csv file generated from the app includes the absolute PSD or relative PSD? When I look at the values of the csv file they are values from -1 to 1. Therefore I am guessing that these are the absolute PSD values and that the units are dB.

Is that correct?
asarioglou

Post by asarioglou »

Also do you think it is necessary to write a correction algorithm every time there is a blink? How would such an algorithm look like normally?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Yes, the CSV (and OSC) waves are absolutes. The absolutes are already filtered for blinks, jaw clenching and power line noise.
asarioglou

Post by asarioglou »

Sweet thanks so much!
asarioglou

Post by asarioglou »

When plotting the PSD for example for Delta waves, what should be the unit on the y-axis for PSD (for the values ranging from -1 to 1)?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

You can still use Bels/dB as they are used as a catch-all unit for anything derrived from a log function. Even if you do a ton of math and totally change the result, you can still use Bels/dB.