Turning on a light

Karlwithak

Turning on a light

Post by Karlwithak »

Hi James,

I have an iphone, a windows laptop, a Muse 2, Mind Monitor, a bluetooth smart dimmer plug, and a desire to hook all these together so I can turn up and down a light/fan/other plug in electrical devices with my mind, by reaching the target wavelengths....

Possible? Ideas?

Thanks!

Karl
James
Site Admin

Re: Turning on a light

Post by James »

If you look in the faq section of the website you will find the streaming OSC data spec along with code samples. Using this you can absolutely do what you want. :-) .. but controlling your brain waves precisely might be more tricky than the coding!
LinDN

Re: Turning on a light

Post by LinDN »

Karlwithak wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:02 pm Hi James,

I have an iphone, a windows laptop, a Muse 2, Mind Monitor, a bluetooth smart dimmer plug, and a desire to hook all these together so I can turn up and down a light/fan/other plug in electrical devices with my mind, by reaching the target wavelengths....

Possible? Ideas?

Thanks!

Karl
Hey, coincidentally I'm trying to do the same thing, but I'm struggling with how to calculate concentration. I've seen statements that quantify concentration in terms of the ratio between specific brain waves, such as θ/β, α/β, θ+α/β, and so on. But I don't know which one makes the most sense. Obviously there are individual differences, but this is the fastest way to get attention results compared to supervised pre-training.