No OSC data streaming between Mind monitor and Max for live device Muse Port

Keeg

No OSC data streaming between Mind monitor and Max for live device Muse Port

Post by Keeg »

Hello to the community,

I have some problem finding a connection for OSC data streaming between mind monitor and Live.

I´m using Muse 2, the mind monitor app on Iphone 8, Max for live 8 and Ableton Live 10/11 on a Mac OS 10.11.6 .
There´s no connecting problems between Muse 2 and mind monitor.
But when i place the muse port device (https://maxforlive.com/library/device/8244/muse-port ), installed all versions, in the midi sequence of live, i still can´t connect the muse 2 to live. In the settings i see it writes "don´t understand muse" . So the OSC streaming is not working. There is no recognition visible in live.

I followed all your recommended steps for installing, putting the right Port 5000, the IP adress in the settings of mind monitor, started the streaming in mind monitor with the bulleye button. And I restarted all applications. Firewall is also not a problem.

Muse Lab also doesn´t receive any osc data via Mind monitor.

Do you have an idea what could be my problem ? Is there something i forgot to change in live or in the mind monitor ?

Thank you so much for any advice !

Best regards, Kathrin
James
Site Admin

Re: No OSC data streaming between Mind monitor and Max for live device Muse Port

Post by James »

If Muse Lab is not working then it's a networking/ firewall issue. Check you are using the correct local wifi IP.