Quadrant Feedback + Beeper

Grasping Infinity

Quadrant Feedback + Beeper

Post by Grasping Infinity »

I wanted to make an intuitive and modular system that would allow people to get any type of feedback they want. This is a simple but powerful program.

First you select which band you want to focus on (delta - gamma), then you select which sensors you would like to get data from (front back, front right, back left, back right or any combination of). Now that will give you a score which controls the volume of an audio player.

There are several setting that allow the user to tailor to exactly what they want. I'll describe them in the tutorial video when I make it. Almost all the parameters have a hint feature where if you hoover over the parameter, it will show a description.

The best part is that you can open as many instances as you want (which is why I designed it to be vertical). So if you wanted to hear one sound for back right gamma and a different sound for front left delta, you can do that, (just open a second instance). You can also invert the sound so as the amplitude of the brainwaves increase, the sound will get quieter. There are a ton of possibilities.

Included with the download is a little patch called Beeper. It's very simple: it plays the loaded sound when the muse headband has a bad connection. Again you can have as many instances as you want (ideal if you're running a group feedback session). Just drag audio in the blank space and set the osc port and you're good to go. You'll hear the sound when you have a bad connection.

As usual this uses the Mind Monitor app & Muse headband. The StandaloneMAIN app ($1) is require if you don't have a license of Max MSP.

Video tutorial coming soon.

https://graspinginfinity.gumroad.com/l/zdlrk
Grasping Infinity

Re: Quadrant Feedback + Beeper

tutorial video up!
https://youtu.be/cUoriBar7N4

I'm so happy to share this patch, so many great potentials :)
Grasping Infinity

Re: Quadrant Feedback + Beeper

version 1.1 has been uploaded to fix potential bugs