Need Help in to Identify sleep stage using Muse 2

raul84

Need Help in to Identify sleep stage using Muse 2

Post by raul84 »

Im new using Muse 2 sleep monitor based on the csv file data, how can I identify the sleep stages?
is there is possible to identify and label the different sleep stages from this raw data:
RAW_TP9 RAW_AF7 RAW_AF8 RAW_TP10.
Does anyone have use Python code or documentation that classifies using csv file?
what recommend to analyze the frequencies libraries using emd or Pyemd?
or any topic will guide using csv file in sleep monitor by using Muse 2?

can anyone give me a suggestion? appreciate helps.
Neovyl

Re: Need Help in to Identify sleep stage using Muse 2

Post by Neovyl »

I've been experimenting with this a little. I was unable to connect Muse to the Muse app and Mind Monitor simultaneously which would be very helpful, so I was using Oura ring to identify my sleep stages. Please see the image of my brainwaves. When delta (red) is high I am in deep sleep, when alpha (blue) is high I am in REM and having dreams. In REM beta and gamma are also a little higher as you can see. If anyone else managed to identify further details will be keen to know.
Attachments
sleep.jpg
sleep.jpg (171.77 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Last edited by Neovyl on Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neovyl

Re: Need Help in to Identify sleep stage using Muse 2

Post by Neovyl »

Further to the above, if anyone has ideas how to use this information in a practical way, for example whether it is possible to use REM detection with Muse to stimulate the brain for lucid dreaming, please share. There are some devices which allow this like Hypnodyne ZMax but this is crazily expensive. I wonder whether it is possible to connect Muse to Remee or another visual stimulation mask and write a script which will detect REM and send you some kind of a cue via light impulses when you are dreaming to make you lucid.