Alpha-Beta NeuroFeedback app

Grasping Infinity

Re: Alpha-Beta NeuroFeedback app

Post by Grasping Infinity »

Thank you @bitradr for the kind words! warms my heart
A new version will be added to the downloads that has some cool curve adjustment options (and a few other things) which will essentially make it easier to gradually increase alpha waves.
Customer

Post by Customer »

Grasping Infinity wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:06 pm Thank you @bitradr for the kind words! warms my heart
A new version will be added to the downloads that has some cool curve adjustment options (and a few other things) which will essentially make it easier to gradually increase alpha waves.
Rather unfortunate to see you've ignored everything I had to say (no hemispheical discretization, same old alpha which several other apps offer for free, etc). Your gamma from that video is quite low, I suggest feedback, but it's your app at any rate, I discovered this app for Neurofeedback, it is quite good and free.

For Muse
https://www.mindresearch.xyz/NeuroVisual.html

For Neurosky headsets there's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exoeVmGphI0

I'd prefer to use your app since it look more streamlined and promising with the music quality, but do as you will, make people dumber (eegs detect the outermost layer of the brain, Shallow gamma activity = Deeper alpha activity, vice versa)
alphamike

Post by alphamike »

Hello, I love this app! Here is a meditation I did today. I am guessing this may not be the right place to post this. But where would we share our EEG mind-monitor sessions?
meditation session is attached as a .PNG
Attachments
alphamike.png
alphamike.png (122.57 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
alphamike

Post by alphamike »

Customer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:13 am Hi there, alpha is worthless. Do gamma feedback. And custom frequencies. And where are the two hemispheres? Also, too expensive. Asked the guy here years ago to do this on his app and make it produce some noise instead of being a useless device that's neither research grade, nor costumer worthy but he said he was at a loss at which sounds to use. Wish i was kidding.
Alpha α waves connect the gap between our conscious thinking and subconscious mind. It helps us to calm down, or it promotes a feeling of relaxation. Nothing that the brain produces is worthless.
Grasping Infinity

Hi everyone, a few people have told me that they are not getting the OSC data from the mind monitor app. I have concluded that this is mainly because of the settings in the mind monitor app. So now with every download, I include screenshots of the correct settings that make it work
Grasping Infinity

If you are ever curious as to what data is being sent, check out https://hexler.net/protokol
its a free utility that displays OSC data
Neovyl

Post by Neovyl »

I actually support the Customer who seems to be a bit coarse but anyway says right things; I see there are many recent studies of gamma waves/gamma stimulation and it looks like high gamma waves are associated with the deepest levels of meditation including those in monks as evidenced by EEG recordings, high gamma activity and gamma stimulation prevent dementia, etc. I will also appreciate if it is possible to put gamma biofeedback at the 40Hz frequency in future versions, this seems to be more useful than alpha.
Last edited by Neovyl on Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grasping Infinity

Hey @Neovyl , in the future i'll make a more modular approach to make an app that behaves like ABNA but for any range or frequency. But for now I've made "Quadrant Feedback" which can give you gamma feedback as well!
Neovyl

Post by Neovyl »

Thank you Grasping Infinity, this sounds exciting. Is the quadrant feedback already available? I've just re-downloaded your program which I had previously purchased and cannot find it.
garym6@mac.com

Post by garym6@mac.com »

Greetings, I've just purchased the Alpha_Beta Neurofeedback app and downloaded the five required items . When I tried to open the app I get that it's not compatible with Quicktime? Any suggestions?