Recording interval

eegnewb

Recording interval

Post by eegnewb »

I am trying to understand the recording interval setting of MUSE Monitor. What does this indicate and what is the meaning of constant in those settings? For example, if I use 0.5 s then is it effectively reducing the frequency of the MUSE EEG to 2 Hz (regardless of what frequency the data is being captured)?
James
Site Admin

Re: Recording interval

Post by James »

You are correct. A recording interval of 0.5 seconds is the same as 2Hz.

The Constant setting will record data constantly as quickly as it is produced by the device. For a 2014 Muse this will be 220Hz, for a 2016 Muse this will be 256Hz.
eegnewb

Post by eegnewb »

Awesome! And I believe in the constant setting muse monitor will record pretty much all data that muse elements/lab provides? Can I then assume that eye blink data and jaw clench data can also be recorded through muse monitor with no data loss whatsoever?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Correct. If you're wanting to capture data at the full rate for raw eeg analysis, then I would recommend that you record in .Muse format, as .CSV files are plain text and get very big very quickly. On lower end devices you may see the screen frame rate drop. You can change the recording format in settings.
eegnewb

Post by eegnewb »

I am not finding either jaw clench or eye blink data in the muse monitor csv file. Can you please tell me which column name they are under?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

They show in the elements column, which is the last on the right.
eegnewb

Post by eegnewb »

Thanks