PPG information of Muse-2 and Muse-S in Muse Monitor

James
Site Admin

Re: PPG information of Muse-2 and Muse-S in Muse Monitor

Post by James »

Attached is my TouchDesigner PPG test code.
If you'd like to help out, this is the easy way to play with the data.
If you get something good, let me know and it might end up in the next version of Mind Monitor. :-)

This is a super basic filter with a peak to peak test and it's bad! so please accept my apologies!
Attachments
Mind-Monitor-TouchDesigner-PPG.toe
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
fjlacoste

Post by fjlacoste »

Hi,

Not sure if you are still looking for algorithms for the PPG analysis, but the analysis pipeline and algorithms from the apps HRV4Training and HRV Camera are published here: https://www.marcoaltini.com/blog/heart- ... nes-camera
derp

Post by derp »

Hi James, thank you for writing this amazing app! I've been as the backend for everything from music creation to making VR meditation spaces and more!

I'd love to see basic PPG->OSC functionality in the Android version! Given that there's an open source implementation of the muse v2 bluetooth library [https://github.com/urish/muse-js] and there's already the functionality in the iPhone version; it seems that there's a relatively straight path forward to implementing this feature.

I'm a professional programmer with experience in reverse engineering and modification of 3rd party software and I would love to help; even if it means taking the time to decompile/deobfuscate the museio jar and make the necessary patches.

More than happy to help, and thank you again!
--Derp
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

PPG data has now been added to the Android version of Mind Monitor (v2.3.0). As with the iPhone verison it can be enabled by tapping Mind Monitor 10 times in settings. This will then give you a live display in the Acceleromer/Gyro page as well as raw PPG data in the recording and streaming data.
mfabus

Post by mfabus »

James wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:46 am PPG data has now been added to the Android version of Mind Monitor (v2.3.0). As with the iPhone verison it can be enabled by tapping Mind Monitor 10 times in settings. This will then give you a live display in the Acceleromer/Gyro page as well as raw PPG data in the recording and streaming data.
Hi James,

Many thanks for this amazing addition, it's greatly appreciated! Your app has been instrumental in my PhD research and will be credited appropriately. Thanks for building this community and keeping it going!

Kind regards,
Marco
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Thank you for letting me know :-) Please feel free to post your research here on the forum when it's complete!
derp

Post by derp »

James wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:46 am PPG data has now been added to the Android version of Mind Monitor (v2.3.0). As with the iPhone verison it can be enabled by tapping Mind Monitor 10 times in settings. This will then give you a live display in the Acceleromer/Gyro page as well as raw PPG data in the recording and streaming data.
This is fantastic news! Thank you so much!
derp

Post by derp »

Quick question; what is the format of the /muse/ppg OSC message? I see that it has three float values, but I'm unsure of their meaning?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Muse2 2018 MU_03: Ambient, IR, Red.
MuseS 2019 MS_01: Green, IR, N/A.
MuseS 2021 MS_02: IR-H16, IR, Red.

For the display, I'm only using the IR value since it's consistent across the bands.
dgferrier5@sky.com

Post by dgferrier5@sky.com »

I just found this information regarding getting access to the Raw PPG data. What do the two readings represent? I also noticed Mellow and Concentration. Is there any information regarding what you have used to drive the Mellow and Concentration traces? Very interested. Thanks