Customer feedback - Saving life

Post by James »

This just got emailed to Interaxon Shareholders :D :

---------------
Date: September 28, 2023 at 1:59:04 PM EDT
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Fwd: Customer feedback- Saving life

Dear Shareholders,

FYI... Muse in partnership with app developer "Mind monitor" had a significant life changing impact on one of our customers. See below the powerful customer feedback...

I'm proud of what we do and what we will do!

Thank YOU for your continuous support! We are making a difference 🙏💪

Jean-Michel (JM) Fournier
Interaxon Inc.
+1 408 306 1569
San Francisco-Bay, USA
choosemuse.com

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 27/09/2023 5:43 PM
To: customercare@choosemuse.com
Subject: Muse helped save my life!

Hi Sarah,

I was able to use the Muse/mind monitor app and confirmed the presence of continuous unusual delta activity. This result, combined with abnormal findings on a sleep study, strongly suggested the presence of structural abnormalities in the brain. An MRI scan confirmed the presence of lesions in the thalamus and brainstem. With additional testing, this all led up to a diagnosis of Wilson’s disease! This is a very rare genetic disorder that is 100% fatal if left untreated.

Thankfully it is treatable, and I am flying out to the Mayo Clinic in a few weeks for treatment.

Your feedback, and the information from muse, helped me put pieces of the puzzle together and directly contributed to saving my life. Thank you!!

Scott P.xx

On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 9:18 AM Muse Customer Care <customercare@choosemuse.com> wrote:

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting Muse Customer Care and I love that you have picked up a Muse to help with monitoring your brain activity to get a better sense of your health and well-being. Outside of daytime meditation, we have the most accurate sleep tracking outside of a clinic setting and one of the largest computer-trained sleep databases in the world.

At this time it is not possible to export raw brainwave data directly from the Muse: Meditation & Sleep application.

We can recommend a third-party app called Mind Monitor that does offer this feature for iOS and Android devices. For compatibility inquiries please reach out to them directly at: https://mind-monitor.com/

I can also put you on a list for our Advanced Reports. They will soon be available to the public and may be of use to you and your team of health care professionals. I have left a sample of one for meditation as well as one for sleep with our Muse S headband attached. Let me know if you are interested in receiving this type of in-depth analysis.

We wish you the best of luck with your health goals, and if you have any questions regarding Muse please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warm Regards,
Sarah

Muse Customer Care - Support Case # 00300128
Interaxon | Brain Sensing Technologies
http://www.choosemuse.com
billylo

Re: Customer feedback - Saving life

Post by billylo »

Great to see. I am excited to see researchers have already started looking into adding EEG data collection to consumer devices like airpods. If that happens, more people will be able to reap the benefits of BCI tech. https://themessenger.com/tech/researche ... -san-diego