Question about OSC Receiver Simple.py

ojjjasdkpdk

Question about OSC Receiver Simple.py

Post by ojjjasdkpdk »

So I have been testing OSC Receiver Simple.py on vscode.

Here is my setting of MindMonitor.
OSC Steam Target IP : 0.0.0.0
OSC Stream Port 5000
OSC stream Brainwaves; Average
OSC Path Prefix: (Blank)
Graph Type: RAW EEG

When I run the file I get "Listening on UDP port 5000", but data is not being received.
I turned my firewall off, and checked the log and cannot see osc message. My phone(Mind Monitor) and macbook(vscode) is using same wifi.

What should I do?
James
Site Admin

Re: Question about OSC Receiver Simple.py

Post by James »

The OSC Stream Target IP in Mind Monitor should be the local WFi IP of your computer.
It will probably start with 192.168 or 10.10
ojjjasdkpdk

Post by ojjjasdkpdk »

Thank you. I changed Tartget IP to my Mac IP and still not receiving data. When I run OSC Receiver Simple.py, "printStr" should be printed, right? But I do not get any data. What should I do?

On my console, I am still not getting any message from MindMonitor either.

Also, To start the streaming, all I need to do is press the streaming button on the main screen of MindMonitor app, right? Are there any additional steps I need to take, like using muselab or museIO? I am only using vscode for code execution and min monitor app for sending data.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

It sounds like you are following the steps correctly.

#1 - Run OSC Receiver on the Mac/PC
#2 - Press streaming button in Mind Monitor.

Assuming you have the IP and ports set correctly, It could be that UDP packets are being blocked by your WiFi router.
Make sure that the receiver is set to listen on 0.0.0.0, this means to listen on all available network devices. But Mind Monitor should be sending to the specific network address of your Mac/PC, e.g. 10.10.x.x, or 192.168.x.x
ojjjasdkpdk

Post by ojjjasdkpdk »

Thank you James. I have been checking my router settings, but cannot find the probelm.. I will still look into the erorr🙇‍♀️
ojjjasdkpdk

Post by ojjjasdkpdk »

Sorry. Quick question. What is the difference between Mind Monitor/Muse Monitor/MuseLab/Muse Direct? For streaming data, all we need is Muse 2 and Mind Monitor, right?
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Muse Monitor is the old name for Mind Monitor. Interaxon has a copyright on "Muse" and asked me to rename the app.
Muse Lab and Muse Direct are no longer available. They were test apps that Interaxon provided many years ago.
To stream to a MAC/PC all you need is a Muse (any version) and Mind Monitor.