connecting Muse OSC Mindmonitor for an app

andraderenew

connecting Muse OSC Mindmonitor for an app

Post by andraderenew »

Hello!

I am wondering how to connect with OSC Muse device to my app.

Before doing anything I need to figure out how is that possible?

I know this post https://anushmutyala.medium.com/muse-10 ... b87119be5c.

There the blogger mentions that you need outlet and inlet LSL apps which I have and they work. But if I use OSC with Mind Monitor how do I use this with my app.

I can use MNE after for signal processing for doing PSD. I can obtain PSD for certain frequency bands and then I can use that for setting a threshold to the action I want to accomplish. The issue is when I receive OSC data from Muse how can I connect that to my app so I can decide later if its smaller than threshold then do this of higher do that.

Thank you for all the help in advance!!
James
Site Admin

Re: connecting Muse OSC Mindmonitor for an app

Post by James »

Check out the GitHub link to my samples here:
https://mind-monitor.com/FAQ.php#oscspec

Pretty much every programming language has a free OSC library but how you use that library to connect and get data will vary.
andraderenew

Post by andraderenew »

I want to work with react native. I have seen you have some examples with python and also that there is a way to obtain PSD in real time with MNE Python via fieldtrip client. I guess I have to check how to connect both ways.
Last edited by andraderenew on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
andraderenew

Post by andraderenew »

I tried your "OSC Receiver Audio Feedback". I installed proper libraries. I also put the path to the bell sound file. I also fixed IP and port UDP.

but I get this error.

2023-12-08 16:51:09.858 python3[88799:4606181] *** Assertion failure in +[NSUndoManager _endTopLevelGroupings], NSUndoManager.m:1117

I think this is a compatibliity of library issue.

Can you recommend versions of libraries for python to make it work?

I am working in Mac Sonoma 14.1.2