Does the Mind Monitor run under Linux?

Peter Gamma

Does the Mind Monitor run under Linux?

Post by Peter Gamma »

I m looking for a device which can sample all physiological sensors. For ANT sensors, there are Android applications, but there are several projects availabe for the Rasperri Pi, which also run under Linux which are more flexible, and therefore should run on the new Linux Pinephone

https://store.pine64.org/

Therefore I will choose a Pinephone as my device. Android code should also run under Linux. Does the Mind Monitor also run under Linux?
James
Site Admin

Re: Does the Mind Monitor run under Linux?

Post by James »

Sorry no. Android and iOS only.
nande

Post by nande »

i also have a pinphone. it would be awesome to have mind-monitor running on linux or pinephone.
i don't think you can easily run android apps on a pinephone though. (there were a couple of ways but they are really involved and not sure if they still work).
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

Yes, there are options to run Android apps on Linux for instance the Pinephone. Waydroid is an option. But although I am a Pinephone owner as well, I did not test this, or better I stuck with testing.

I struggle with thinks like how to edit the Abiword files I created on the Pinephone and edit these files from my PC. The Pinephone really can do things Android phones can’t do such as run an operating sytem from an external SD card, an option which I am happy I managed to get to work. By doing so we can stick the SD card of the Pinephone into our PC and process the data there further.

I would appreciate the Mind Monitor running for instance on the Pinephone in a Waydroid container and is streamed from there to Linux applications.