Alpha Theta Protocol

mindmapper

Alpha Theta Protocol

Post by mindmapper »

I'm using Neuromore to create an alpha theta protocol I'm stumped on a few questions when trying to calculate a ratio that I'm trying to clear up, hoping someone may be able to help and answer!

Essentially, as I understand the research and protocols I'm looking for Alpha theta crossover where theta amplitude becomes higher than alpha, butt...

1/ When I look at the amplitudes of the two bands, one is vastly higher than the other. I believe the measurement is microvolts but theta is around 15-30 whereas alpha is around 2-3. Given the big gap here, theta already appears to be higher. What do I need to do to the data to help normalize them? I know in the mind monitor app the live reading makes all the bands look similar in amplitude, although this is rated in dbs.

2/ Do I need to baseline this data at all? What's the value in that?

3/ What about artifacts? How do I handle jaw clenching, muscle movements, etc ?

My goal is to get neuromore to play sounds instead of the games based on how I can configure it. Looking forward to hearing from folks!
nande

Re: Alpha Theta Protocol

Post by nande »

i'm also interested in the alpha-theta protocol. but i have no answers for you. do you have more info?