Using Large Language Models as a meditation assistant

JakeySpice

Using Large Language Models as a meditation assistant

Post by JakeySpice »

Hi Mind Monitor forum, it is a pleasure to meet you all :)

I have been practicing Vipassana meditation with the guidance of a Therveda Buddhist teacher for the last 3 months. I found my Muse 2 device and booted it up to see if I could gain some further insight. I love love love how easy Mind Monitor is to use, and the privacy policy is such a breath of fresh air. Thanks James! :D

This morning I used the Bing AI to provide feedback on my meditation session, and it gave me some quite good answers as well as explaining what each type of brain wave is associated with. See below for examples.

Bing Chat uses GPT-4, the most up to date version of ChatGPT. To allow Bing to view my meditation session I just needed to host the image online, and then point Bing in the direction of the URL.

I hope some of you find this interesting! Large Language Models seem to me to be an incredibly useful tool in meditation practice. One larger project could include 'fine-tuning' a Large Language Model on a big dataset of meditation sessions, with annotations commenting on each session. This would allow the AI to provide detailed and specific feedback to the user. A little out of my scope at the moment, but I think it's an exciting idea.

Does anyone know of any AI neurofeedback companies?
hebejeebee

Re: Using Large Language Models as a meditation assistant

Post by hebejeebee »

Wow, I love this use of chatGPT... Time to play :mrgreen:

Bing is telling me that it can't use externally hosted files.. what's the secret? ;)

I tired Bard which informed me that my graph was showing the Great Depression in the 1930s!