Bluetooth connection drop-out

Henke

Bluetooth connection drop-out

Post by Henke »

Hi
I have a Xiaome M1 (Androind 9) which has previously worked fine with Mind Monitor (2.2.1). Suddenly I experience connection crop-outs every 10 seconds (disconnect-connect). I have tried to remove all other apps related to Muse, removed all other Bluetooth services, but it doesn't help.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Henrik
James
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth connection drop-out

Post by James »

Are you sure the Bluetooth is disconnecting? If the Brainwaves from the Muse flat line, this can be because you've not got a good sensor connection.
Check the RAW EEG view, this will always show you values, even when the brainwaves stop. If the Bluetooth disconnects, you will see the big spinner show up and the message saying it's Waiting for the Muse to connect.
Henke

Post by Henke »

Hi
Thanks for reply.
This actually what is happening. Every 10 sec it us waiting for muse and pairing light starts on muse. It takes 3 sec to return again. And then it starts all over. The electrodes connections are looking fine.
/Henrik
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

What's the battery level on the Muse?
Henke

Post by Henke »

It's full. Tried that. But just found out that muse is never accepted as a Bluetooth device under android setting. It is pairing but never accepted. Sometimes I see an error message saying wrong pin code for device. Mind monitor ignores that apparently.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

What version of the Muse do you have? Only the original 2014 Muse needs manual pairing. All the models since then are Bluetooth Low Energy and they just pair automatically by turning on the device. You should never need to go to Bluetooth settings on the phone. If you've tried to manually pair the Muse, then I would recommend deleting the pairing settings entirely and restarting your phone. Then you should only just need to turn on the Muse and run the app.
The last thing to check is that you've given Mind Monitor location permissions, as these are required for Bluetooth Low Energy.
Henke

Post by Henke »

I see. Well I tried that too with same result. The funny thing is that the muse app is working fine. It's very strange. It's a muse 02 btw
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Try going outside away from all other electrical interference and see if that helps.

You may be getting the same issue with the Interaxon Muse Calm app, but it might just not be telling you about it, if it's reconnecting again. Mind Monitor on the other hand tells you the second anything happens as it's all about the data, rather than specifically about meditation.

Do you have another device you can test on to see if it's an issue with the Phone or an issue with the Muse hardware. I'm aware of some Huawei phones which have bad bluetooth chips that don't work properly with the Muse, but I've not heard of any issues with Xiaome phones to date.
Henke

Post by Henke »

Thanks for the advice. I have now tried with an old Xiaome phone and it worked 👍
The funny thing thing is that it use to work on my new Xiaome but all of a sudden these drop outs appears. So now I know that it has something to to with Bluetooth or memory processing in my phone and not the muse hw. Thanks again