using the Mellow and Concentration algorithms to control video

BrianM

using the Mellow and Concentration algorithms to control video

Post by BrianM »

Hi I'm interested in the possibility of using the Mellow and Concentration algorithms to control video. I had been looking at creating something with OpenVibe with a Neurosky EEG using their Meditation and Concentration algorithms until I saw that Mind Monitor had these algorithms tucked away and I already have a Muse 2. My programming skills are pretty minimal, just a bit of flash actionscripting many years ago so I'll need to learn some coding but I'm looking for a simple way to start the project. If anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction that would be much appreciated.
James
Site Admin

Re: using the Mellow and Concentration algorithms to control video

Post by James »

Check the OSC data spec on the website, there is also a link there to my GitHub with sample code:
https://mind-monitor.com/FAQ.php#oscspec
xVIJUx

Post by xVIJUx »

is this option is atill available in the app? It looks like there is no version number on the settings page
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

On the Apple version you tap "Mind Monitor" at the bottom of the settings page. On Android it's at the top.
Be warned that they algorithms are not very good. They rely too heavily on the 30 second training period at the start, hence why they are hidden!
Turning on the hidden option, will also give you access to PPG data.
xVIJUx

Post by xVIJUx »

Thank you for the reply. I got it and just found the option. Cheers!