OSC Muse 2 mapping

Zague

OSC Muse 2 mapping

Post by Zague »

Hi James,

I'm back after a long while, this time experimenting with Unreal Engine 4 (ue4).

I'm using the Monsieur Gustav OSC plugin (available at https://github.com/monsieurgustav/UE4-OSC). So far, this seems to work as advertised. I can see the eeg stream from the headband, blinks, jaw clenches, battery, etc.

It's pretty basic, I guess, but I can't find the exact correspondance between electrodes names and eeg array designations in the OSC messages. I figured the following:

eeg(0) - TP9
eeg(1) - AF7
eeg(2) - AF8
eeg(3) - TP10

In the OSC data for the eeg array, there is a fifth index -- eeg(4) -- I only found that it can be used by an external electrode, which doesn't apply in my case. But then, I may be mismatching info because nothing is connected externally to my headband and there is a continuous stream of data in ue4 for this channel.

Z
James
Site Admin

Re: OSC Muse 2 mapping

Post by James »

The data order is listed in the description column of the OSC spec here:
https://mind-monitor.com/FAQ.php#oscspec
Zague

Post by Zague »

Thanks, James. I should have found that by myself easily. But, that's exactly what I needed.

Z
BoyNeedsHelp

Post by BoyNeedsHelp »

Hey James,

I was wondering if you could help me do the same thing. I ran the code and changed the IP to local host, but I'm still getting the following error:

usage: ipykernel_launcher.py [-h] [--ip IP] [--port PORT]
ipykernel_launcher.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -f /Users/crecmarketing/Library/Jupyter/runtime/kernel-499a4d62-2bf1-45e1-9ce7-ed972f68a19a.json
An exception has occurred, use %tb to see the full traceback.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

"ipykernel_launcher.py" is not my program, sorry.
You'd need to ask the code author.
skan

Post by skan »

I'm deeply interested in this subject too, I have a huge project I'm developing and after way too many tests with OpenVibe, BlueMuse, BCI-UE4 plugin etc... I stumbled upon some serious Windows BT API issues (Muse2 keeps on disconnecting from Bluetooth after some minutes, dunno if it's battery charge related or not...)

Anyway, I just discovered this mind-blowing app (congrats James btw, great app - and great website too!) and I'm trying to figure how to setup a proper and clean workflow this time...

So far it seems Muse2 > MindMonitor > straight to UE4 (via OSC) would be the best way, but I'm wondering (a little offtopic here maybe, sorry): what's the difference between Epic's official OSC plugin and Gustav's one and is there a reason to prefer it over the other?

Another way could be MindMonitor > Neuromore (via https://github.com/naxocaballero/muse2-neuromore) > UE4, but I'm not sure why I should add an intermediate step if solution 1 already works and it's way more straightforward!

Any feedback will be highly appreciated! :)