Zap2it Changes seem to have broken this APP!

chipdude

Zap2it Changes seem to have broken this APP!

Post by chipdude »

Zap2it overhauled their web site and they seem to have deleted "favorites" which would explain why this app no longer works... :oops:
James
Site Admin

Re: Zap2it Changes seem to have broken this APP!

Post by James »

Please accept my apologies. Unfortunately I'm on holiday at the moment. I am back home on Tuesday and will endeavour to have a fix out by the evening; assuming this is possible with the changes.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Zap2It removed favorites with their new website design, so right now this app is not working! :-( I'm looking into other options, but right now the best thing you can do is complain to zap2it directly and ask them to put favorites back in. Email them here: feedback@zap2it.com
neppie

Post by neppie »

I'm missing this app. I'm not crazy about Zap2It's redesign either. However in searching for an alternative realized Yahoo's TV Listings (http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/") are still the "old", familiar format. It even retained my favorites and channel lineup, so must have been tied to to Zap2it somehow. Perhaps there was a legal separation. Who knows.

Anyhow, Thought I'd mention it though in case reworking the app to work with it was easier than a completed redesign.

Regards,
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I've now updated the app to use the new Zap2It site. It's a ton slower as the new site only gives 3 hours of data and ~20 channels of data per page load.. but it's working!

I'm working on a background refresh option, so you we won't have to sit and wait for the refresh to go through.

I think the Yahoo version of the site will be gone in May once they finish the site overhaul. If it sticks around, then I will probably move back to using it.
Yooperbacker

Post by Yooperbacker »

Hello,
I really like your Tv Faves Guide app (ver. 1.3.9). I just got a Kindle Fire First Generation and have been loading in a few apps. I would like to thank you for having such a neat app made for Android ver. 2.3.3 and above. It is sometimes hard to find a good working app that can be used with this Android version.
I used Zap2it listing for my Source data. I had it refresh for the full 7 days. Took a bit to get that done. I then added my favorites. Works good.
I see that the new Zap2it on-line web site has added Favorite Shows. Took me a bit to find it. After you sign into the Zap2it web site you will see near the top right a square with the word " Hi ! " in it. To the right of the Hi is an arrow. When you click that is has " Favorite Shows " listed. Click that and it takes you to your favorite shows that you have picked.
I like that idea of being able to change the font size and the colors.
Good Job !!