REST trigger settings

JavaFXpert

REST trigger settings

Post by JavaFXpert »

James,

Thanks for the great app. What are the REST trigger settings for?

Please advise,
James Weaver
James
Site Admin

Re: REST trigger settings

Post by James »

REST is a type of web service. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Represent ... e_transfer

The settings in here let you set up trigger thresholds to send brainwave values to a server that supports receiving REST, such as SalesForce.
JavaFXpert

Post by JavaFXpert »

Excellent. What are the parameters to the REST call? The reason that I'm interested in this is that I'm trying to create a BCI demo that leverages supervised machine learning. Every second I'd like to pass each of the band powers for each of the sensors to a external REST service (or stream them to a service) that uses ML to compute a classification/prediction based upon the 20 (or 25 if I can get an AUX sensor for the Muse) features.

To support that functionality, can the Muse Monitor stream the band powers for each sensor, or just the average of the sensors? I'm using the muselab_configuration.json you provided in another thread and only seeing the averages.

Thanks,
James Weaver
Twitter: @JavaFXpert
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

The REST trigger isn't designed for constant streaming, just sending a single trigger when a threshold is hit. You select a single brainwave (e.g. Alpha), then set an upper and lower trigger threshold. When the trigger is hit a single value is sent and then it waits until the value returns to outside the bounds before sending another.

If you want to stream data, then you should use the OSC stream function, this sends all the sensors raw values and the average brain wave values. Only the average brain waves values are sent as this is what is needed for Muse Lab. If you want individual sensor brain wave values, these can be easily calculated from the raw sensor data which is sent.
JavaFXpert

Post by JavaFXpert »

Thanks James. It is necessary to do FFT on the raw sensor data to identify waves for each band, correct?

Regards,
James Weaver
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Correct. I'd also recommend a hamming window and de-meaning.
JavaFXpert

Post by JavaFXpert »

Check, and thanks again for the excellent software. I gave it a 5 star rating on the iOS store, but perhaps it will take a while to show up.

Regards,
James Weaver
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

That's awesome, thank you! :-)