Connecting to iOS App

brettdenbow

Connecting to iOS App

Post by brettdenbow »

Hi.
I am unable to connect to the Muse Monitor app.
Bluetooth connection to Muse for meditation sessions works great. Bluetooth connection cuts out when I leave their app. Please advise ... I'm really looking forward to using your app! Kind regards.
James
Site Admin

Re: Connecting to iOS App

Post by James »

The Muse can only connect to one app at a time. Before running Muse Monitor, terminate the Interaxon Calm app by double tapping the home button, then swiping up on the Calm app to kill it. You can now run Muse Monitor and get a connection.
amaryllis

Post by amaryllis »

I am having the same issue :(
I killed the muse app, turned off bluetooth and now I cannot connect the muse at all. If I keep the muse connected after having used the muse app and just kill the app, the monitor app is showing me the „please connect your muse“ screen.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Make sure you've turned bluetooth back on if you turned it off.

There are usually only ever three problems with connecting the Muse:
1 - The Muse is connected to another app.
Solution: Force the other app closed (double tap home and swipe it off the screen).

2 - The Muse is connected to another device.
Solution: Turn off bluetooth on the other device/devices.

3 - Low battery on the Muse.
Solution: Charge the Muse for 2-3 hours, ignoring the charging indicator light.

Note: You can tell if the Muse is connected to something by it's lights. If the lights are flashing, then it is searching for a device to connect to. If the lights are solid on, then it is connected to something. You should then check if it is connected to the correct device!