Data file locally saved on iPad?

tbuckinx

Data file locally saved on iPad?

Post by tbuckinx »

Hi

first of all, thanks for building this app, it has helped me already greatly capturing data from my son with complex partial epilepsy. This data we will be using to create an algorithm typical for his seizures.

I had a good dataset this morning captured (30MB) and when wanting to send this data to my gmail address I saw the email file size notification from your system. I had to ignore it as I saw no other option to saveguard the file but the email never arrived. Are the datasets also locally saved on an iPad?
gustavius

Re: Data file locally saved on iPad?

Post by gustavius »

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. I'm using Muse Monitor on my iPhone 5s - I can't find the file!

Maybe an option to pick from ways to share it after recording... like a save to Dropbox would be handy.

Otherwise - super app. Thank you for making something more useful that the Interaxon app... so much potential!

thanks,
-G
liva

Post by liva »

Any update on this, please? I just installed the app on an iPod. It saves data but the only sharing option is through email, which is useless for big files, like .muse ones. I installed DropBox hoping that it will automatically give that option once installed, but nothing. However, on the youtube video, using Android, it was possible to upload the data through various options, including Google Drive. Should I conclude that the extra options for sharing are only available for Android? Any hope to have that on iOS too in the near future? Thanks!
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Unfortunately Apple make this kind of thing super difficult for developers. On Android you just need to set a few bits of meta data and then the phone will automatically share it with any compatible program that is installed. With Apple devices however, you need to manually code each data sharing option separately, using third party dev kits for each thing. I didn't do this initially as and 3rd party code makes app way more susceptible to getting randomly rejected from the app store. However, if dropbox is all your guys want then I'll work on adding this one in.
Onlyzen

Post by Onlyzen »

How to download files on iPhone and iPad
The basic principle to download files from your iPhone or iPad is fairly simple, regardless of the file you’re trying to download. You can for example download PDFs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, .zip, .txt, .mp3, .M4a, .wav, .mov, and much more. If it’s a file, it can be downloaded.

While Apple will let you put any file type in your iCloud Drive, the company won’t let you easily download any file type from your iOS device to iCloud, which is why using a third-party service such as Dropbox is still the best option, in my opinion anyway. If you don’t have a Dropbox account, you should sign up for a free one, or look into using Google Drive, which also offers a free tier.

1. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Safari and open the file you are trying to download.

2. Tap on the Share button, which will bring up the Share sheet.

3. Select “Save to Dropbox.” If you don’t see that option, swipe all the way to the right and tap on the More button. From there, you will be able to enable the Dropbox extension.

4. Now tap the Save button, or choose a different folder where to save the file, then tap Save.

That’s it. The file has now been saved to your Dropbox account and will be available for easy access across all your devices, such as your computer, your iPhone, iPad, etc.

Once it’s in Dropbox (or Google Drive, or whatever other service you may use), you can easily access and share this file from anywhere, assuming you have an Internet connection.