Mellow/Concentration Weirdness

mikka

Mellow/Concentration Weirdness

Post by mikka »

I understand, that you didn't intend those to be used, and they're only in to fill a demand, but we[1]'ve been working on a set of node.js and similar tools to analyze and share those data, and with the complete upending that was the 2016 model, to which we just now had to upgrade, since our 2014s were getting very long in the tooth, it's a god sent.

Weirdly, after it working for a few weeks, it now always shows Concentration at 0 and Mellow at 100. This is despite training with the subject, complete resetting of the app, making sure he's connected and bluetooth enabled before I switch, etc.

If this is not a main priority, I understand. But if this is a known issue, how would be go about fixing this?

James
Site Admin

Re: Mellow/Concentration Weirdness

Post by James »

I'd need to see a recording of the other brainwaves and raw data to tell you anything.

You can visualise recordings of your session online at http://MuseMonitor.com/Chart.php

The algorithms are based entirely on the average value calculated during the training period.
For example, with Mellow it's Alpha. If your Alpha remains higher for the entire session than the average during training, then it'll stay at 100%.
I personally don't think the algorithms are very good, which is why there are hidden by default.
mikka

Post by mikka »

Thanks, James. I guess I'll go ahead and implement my own at this point, both to not have to bother you, and to be able to tweak it when it's needed. And if I didn't say this already: you, and Muse Monitor rock.
Bennard

Post by Bennard »

I didn't know you could visualise recordings online. Thanks for the link!