brainwaves setting off geiger counter

no_m_a_d

brainwaves setting off geiger counter

Post by no_m_a_d »

I understand nobody will ever believe me that I can set off a Geiger counter with my thoughts unless I get a job at a nuclear power plant and accidentally mess up detectors every so often. :)

This is how it all started. I decided to get a Geiger counter for no particular need other than the off chance I unearth some natural uranium or whatever as I'm doing some amateur archeology. Ok, so the Geiger counter went off the first night I had it, during a distressed dream event, and I thought it a coincidence but still took notice and left it on 100% of the time. Same thing happened a couple of more times plus started realizing it would go off during any sudden unexpected noise. Ex: car door closing, furnace turning on or off, house creaking at night, plane overhead, etc. Usually I have to be in a relaxed state of awareness, but not always. Also takes a moment of, well, I'll say "recharging" between events because can't make it happen several times per minute...but can make it happen several times per hour if late at night or just getting up. Seemingly tied to level of alertness or awareness. Also alarms once or twice during intense movie scenes. Last scene I remember it beeping on was in the movie "Mummy" when a character was getting swarmed by screeching rats all over their body. "BeepBeepBeep"

Anyhow, I just tell my wife to ignore the noise during intense movie scenes because it's "impossible" that she can be hearing this thing alarming. I just wish I had more people around that I could make think they were crazy. lol Afterall, the internet says it's "impossible" to affect a geiger counter with brain activity then that must be true and you're crazier than those that work for Loony Gas.

This happening has lead me seeking answers. Yesterday I purchased a muse and then your software, but I can't find any reference points to determine what is normal for other people. Doing a moment of research I see I might need to focus on "somatic sensory cortex" but I don't know if the Muse or your software can detect anything with that. I don't have to be very close to the Geiger Counter "Radex One" to set it off (at default setting of "30") therefore I don't think I would need ultrasensitive head sensors, but I truly don't know what is needed to figure this out.

I would say it was just a coincidence if it didn't happen so very often with the exact same criteria with each passing day and night. I don't think I can be so unique with this. Surely there are others? I can't bring myself to believe that there would be a coverup on the scale of what's happened in the past, unless the Geiger Counter could be used as a means of discriminating against those that have something different/wrong with their brain.

I'll attach a quick clip I recorded using your software this morning. The Geiger Counter beeped during part of it, but I don't know if anything changed on the graphs.
Attachments
museMonitor_2017-12-11--12-17-06_1528050400.zip
(19.27 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
James
Site Admin

Re: brainwaves setting off geiger counter

Post by James »

This is only 2 minutes of data, but for what it's worth, it looks pretty normal to me.

A Geiger counter measures ionising radiation, the Muse measures brain waves though skin surface electricity, so not the same thing.

Also, it's worth noting that if your brain was producing ionising radiation strong enough to consistently set of a Geiger counter, you'd be dead pretty quickly and your scalp would probably be red hot. ;-)

Bear in mind that there is a small level of normal background radiation that will set off the counter regardless and this is perfectly normal.

If you wanted to prove you have control over the counter you'd need to properly scientifically test it, by monitoring each and every event over a number of days both with you attempting to set it off and under "normal" circumstances. So spend two days trying to set it off. Then two days going about your business and tally the results. You may find looking at the times, that it's getting set off by a CRT TV turning on, or a badly made microwave, leaking.

I'm 99.99% sure your brain isn't radioactive. I think it's far more likely that your counter is faulty (possibly Chinese knock off), or that the beep level is normal background radiation.