Real time streaming

begozmen

Real time streaming

Post by begozmen »

Hi,
I am trying to stream the data from the muse to some kind of program that is not Muselab (because i want to do some processing) and I was wondering if muse monitor acts as OSC server or client. I am having a lot of problems to make my computer listen to this type of port.
Thank you
Begonya
James
Site Admin

Re: Real time streaming

Post by James »

In OSC terminology Muse Monitor is the client sending data. The OSC Server is the data receiver.

As a test, if you're using a Windows PC, you can try my test OSC monitor: http://www.MuseMonitor.com/misc/OSCMonitor.zip
There is nothing to setup with this, just run it and it will tell you your local IP(s) and start listening. In Muse Monitor, set the Server IP to the IP of your PC shown in OSC Monitor and hit stream. If it doesn't work then you need to make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same network as your PC and that there is not a firewall blocking port 5000 UDP.

Note that some university and work network automatically block all UDP traffic, so if this might be the case you should check with your local IT department.
Erwan tri efendi

Post by Erwan tri efendi »

Hello,,
I'm is new user MUSE device. I will control virtual 3D wheelchair with muse use program matlab. Please give me reference How I connected muse streaming with matlab ? What's toolbox use ?

thanks very much

ERWAN
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

I'm not sure how to do that, sorry. I don't have a MatLab license.
I know other users have done it and posted these instructions on the old Interaxon forum, but that has been deleted now.
Perhaps you can ask on the Facebook page?
If you figure it out, please post instructions here for others! :-)
Here is the OSC data spec: https://mind-monitor.com/FAQ.php#oscspec
Erwan tri efendi

Post by Erwan tri efendi »

Thanks about information
I think at facebook page is nothing,,,,hahaha
Peter Gamma

Post by Peter Gamma »

What happened to the Muse forum? What happened to all my posts in the Matlab community which where deleted for reasons I cannot follow :mrgreen: ? Use Python instead. If you still want to connect a Muse headband to Matlab, you can do it over LSL:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=840&hilit=lab+stre ... r&start=30

You can use LSL also for Python. Arnauld Delorme, EEG Lab developer has also developed a Neurfeedback Lab software for the Muse headband which can be used to connect the Muse headband to Matlab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3kf1MpAns
rpaczeko

Post by rpaczeko »

Last edited by rpaczeko on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Site Admin

Post by James »

Sorry, I can't change the OSC spec as it's being used in it's current form by hundreds of universities the world over. If I changed it, it would impact a lot of active research.