Real time streaming

begozmen

Real time streaming

Post by begozmen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi,
I am trying to stream the data from the muse to some kind of program that is not Muselab (because i want to do some processing) and I was wondering if muse monitor acts as OSC server or client. I am having a lot of problems to make my computer listen to this type of port.
Thank you
Begonya

James
Site Admin

Re: Real time streaming

Post by James » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:17 am

In OSC terminology Muse Monitor is the client sending data. The OSC Server is the data receiver.

As a test, if you're using a Windows PC, you can try my test OSC monitor: http://www.MuseMonitor.com/misc/OSCMonitor.zip
There is nothing to setup with this, just run it and it will tell you your local IP(s) and start listening. In Muse Monitor, set the Server IP to the IP of your PC shown in OSC Monitor and hit stream. If it doesn't work then you need to make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same network as your PC and that there is not a firewall blocking port 5000 UDP.

Note that some university and work network automatically block all UDP traffic, so if this might be the case you should check with your local IT department.